Snook Season is Open and We’re Hooked!
Hello, anglers! We’re back with another exciting fishing report for September 2023, and we’ve got some fantastic news—Snook season is officially open! We can’t wait to get you out there to experience the action.
Snook Season Special: 10% Off on Charters!
To celebrate the Snook season, we’re offering a 10% discount on all charters booked in September. Trips can be booked for any day, not just Snook season. We cover everything from the fishing license to tackle, just bring what you want to eat and/or drink. Don’t miss out on this limited-time offer, book on our website by clicking below or call Captain Justin with any questions!
The weather has been warm to say the least, with our afternoon showers and thunderstorms making a daily appearance. The start of our fall mullet run has begun, it’s a perfect time for inshore fishing in Stuart Florida.
- St. Lucie Inlet/Sailfish Point: A prime location for Snook, especially during the outgoing tide.
- Manatee Pocket: Excellent for those who prefer tossing to docks and structure, bring the heavier tackle if you want to land some big ones.
- Bridges: As the mullet begin to migrate, look for many species using these areas as an ambush point, including Snook.
Bait & Tackle
- Live Bait: Pilchards and mullet are the go-to live baits this month.
- Artificial Lures: Soft plastics and heavier swimbaits are working well. When the mullet do show, top water plugs get plenty of action. Work the baits along the shadow lines or bump a swimbait off the bottom for best results.
Tips & Techniques
- Tide Timing: Focus on fishing during the outgoing tide for the best Snook action.
- Structure Fishing: Snook love structure. Fish around docks, mangroves, and bridges.
- Tackle: For those live baiting an outfit with 30-50lb braid and a 40-60lb leader will suffice. Throwing artificial, 30lb braid and 40lb leader will give you the feel you need along with the abrasion resistance required to pull fish out of structure. Fluorocarbon is always preferred.
Other Fish Species
While Snook is our main focus, the waters are also abundant with redfish, black drum, jacks, sharks and tarpon. So there’s something for everyone!
September and October are excellent months for Snook fishing in Stuart, FL. With our 10% Snook Season Special, there’s no better time to book your charter with Snook Nook. Looking forward to making some unforgettable fishing memories together!
Captain Justin Rieger
Snook Nook Charters